Dear Friends and Neighbors,
Washington state has strong election-year restrictions in place for incumbent office holders. I respect these restrictions and want to apprise you that one of them goes into effect tomorrow. After May 11, I will not be able to send you an e-mail update like this one until December 1. After June 30, I will also not be able to send out news releases, opinion pieces, video updates, and other communications from my legislative office. However, I am able to assist you with your interactions with state government and other issues that you contact me about via letter, e-mail or phone. I am your full-time state representative. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have ideas to pass along or if I can be of assistance.
Telephone town hall invitation for Tuesday, June 19
I will be hosting my second telephone town hall meeting of 2012 on Tuesday, June 19. The event will run from 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. This community conversation is an opportunity for us to share ideas and for me to provide you updates on the 2012 legislative sessions. You can also ask me questions. To join in, please call 1-877-229-8493 and, once prompted, enter code 15549.
Below is information that I think you will find helpful for staying in touch with your citizen Legislature and interacting with state government.
- A Citizen’s Guide to Effective Legislative Participation | http://www.leg.wa.gov/legislature/Pages/EffectiveParticipation.aspx
- Visiting the Capitol | http://www.leg.wa.gov/legislature/pages/visitingthelegislature.aspx
- House Page Program | http://www.leg.wa.gov/House/Pages/HousePageProgram.aspx
- Capitol Buzz (daily newspaper clips) | https://houserepublicans.wa.gov/capitol-buzz/
- Washington State Legislature | http://www.leg.wa.gov/
- Civic education | http://www.leg.wa.gov/civiced/
- Bill information | http://apps.leg.wa.gov/billinfo/
- Washington courts | http://www.courts.wa.gov/
- TVW | http://www.tvw.org/
My contact information
- Phone number: (360) 786-7852
- E-mail address: email@example.com
- Toll-free legislative hotline: 1-800-562-6000
- TTY (hearing-impaired line): 1-800-635-9993
- Legislative Web site: https://houserepublicans.wa.gov/members/jay-rodne/
- Address: 430 John L. O’Brien Building, P.O. Box 40600, Olympia, WA 98504-0600
- Recent district newsletter: https://houserepublicans.wa.gov/Rodne/Rodne_EOS_Newsletter_2012.pdf
It is an honor to serve you in the Washington State House of Representatives. I hope to see you in our community in the upcoming months.